"Around Louisiana” is a weekly blog post that provides business news from across Louisiana. Every Monday, we share news and events from different corners of the state.
- Applications for Louisiana Economic Development’s (LED) CEO Roundtable program will be accepted through the end of this week, March31. The program brings together 15 to 18 key decision makers from Louisiana-based small businesses over the course of the ten-month program. Learn more here.
- The Louisiana Association of Business and Industry (LABI) is hosting its Legislative Outlook in various locations across the state in the coming weeks. Look for LABI in your region in the coming weeks. View the schedule here.
- On Wednesday, March 29, various government agencies are partnering to host a Resources for Louisiana’s Recovery: a Summit for Creating Solutions. It will take place from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Main Street Community Center in Pineville. View the registration page more information.
Greater New Orleans:
- On Monday, March 27, LCIA’s Christina Buras will participate in a panel discussion focused on a water workforce. The event will take place from 5:00 PM to 7:00 at Propeller in New Orleans. Click here for more information.
- 3/27/17 update: this event has been postponed.
- StayLocal, New Orleans’ Independent Business Alliance is collecting input from New Orleans-area businesses in a survey. The survey aims to find out how independent businesses are faring, key challenges, and thoughts about "localism.” Click here to take the survey.
- The City of New Orleans’ Office of Economic Development is hosting Business Information Sessions on upcoming Wednesday afternoons. On March 29, the focus will be on "Resources for Strategic Growth Planning” and "Business Banking and Loans.” Click here to register for the sessions.
- On Friday, March 31, friend of LCIA Wendy Dolan of Get Online NOLA is speaking at a "Get More Clients Using Online Marketing” seminar & luncheon. The luncheon will take place from 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM at the Heritage Grill in Metairie.
- Biz. Magazine reported that the Northwest Louisiana Procurement Technical Assistance Center announced that its North Louisiana Matchmaker and Training Conference will take place on May 4 at Bossier Parish Community College. More information is available in the Biz. Magazine report.
- The Greater Southwest Louisiana Black Chamber (GSLBCC) is hosting its March Business Networking Meeting on Tuesday, March 28, from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at the Lafayette Public Library – Main Library. Learn more about the GLSBCC on their website.
You can always find business and industry events happening across the state at LCIA’s "Around Louisiana” calendar. If you have recommendations of news and events to include in the weekly "Around Louisiana” blog post, please contact Nicholas Peddle at email@example.com.