"Around Louisiana” is a weekly blog post that provides business news from across Louisiana. Every Monday, we share news and events from different corners of the state.
- Louisiana Economic Development (LED) released its Economic Quarterly (EQ) last week. It focuses on infrastructure and workforce development. Click here to read the EQ.
- Biz. Magazine recently reported that the Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) offers insurance to employers as incentive to hire at-risk applicants. Click here to read the article.
- On Friday, June 9, One Acadiana is hosting a breakfast, "Lessons from the Corner Office.” Chairman and CEO of Acadian Companies Richard Zuschlag will share his perspectives about the region and about leadership. Click here for more information.
Greater New Orleans:
- The New Orleans Chamber of Commerce is hosting its June Power Lunch on Tuesday, June 6. The event will provide networking opportunities, and each attendee will have the option to give a one-minute sales pitch about his/her business. Click here for more information.
- Louisiana Small Business Development Center (LSBDC), along with America’s SBDC, is hosting a Maximizing Millennial Minds Conference (M3) on June 8-9 in New Orleans. Click here for more information.
- On Thursday, June 8, the Manufacturing Extensions Partnership of Louisiana (MEPOL) is hosting a Lunch & Learn, "Transitioning from ISO 9002:2008 to ISO 9001:2015.” Click here to register.
You can always find business and industry events happening across the state at LCIA’s "Around Louisiana” calendar. If you have recommendations of news and events to include in the weekly "Around Louisiana” blog post, please contact Nicholas Peddle at email@example.com.