"Around Louisiana” is a weekly blog post that provides business news from across Louisiana. Every Monday, we share news and events from different corners of the state.
- According to a recent article in the Baton Rouge Business Report, Louisiana is set to become a leader in liquefied natural gas (LNG) production in the coming years. There are many LNG projects under construction in Louisiana. Read the article here.
- According to an article on MyArkLaMiss.com, farmers and ranchers in 51 Louisiana parishes could be eligible for recovery grant money as a result of the flood events in March and August of 2016. The article cites information released by Louisiana’s Department of Agriculture and Forestry. Click here to read the article.
- Many Louisiana businesses, including LCI Workers’ Comp and LCIA, will be closed Tuesday, July 4. We will resume normal office hours Tuesday, July 5.
Greater New Orleans:
- StayLocal, friend of LCIA and New Orleans’ independent business alliance, is hosting the first round of Office Hours on Thursday, July 6. During Office Hours, businesses are offered free, one-on-one consultations with local business experts. Learn more about Office Hours in a recent post in LCIA’s Orange Blog, and sign up for meetings on StayLocal’s website.
- Bossier Parish Community College is hosting a leadership program, "Empowering High Energy Teams," on Wednesday July 12. Biz. Magazine featured a preview of the program in a recent article. Click here to read the article.
You can always find business and industry events happening across the state at LCIA’s "Around Louisiana” calendar. If you have recommendations of news and events to include in the weekly "Around Louisiana” blog post, please contact Nicholas Peddle at email@example.com.