"Around Louisiana” is a weekly blog post that provides business news from across Louisiana. Every Monday, we share news and events from different corners of the state.
- The Louisiana Small Business Development Center (LSBDC) announced a series of QuickBooks webinars. They will take place during the evenings of February 8, February 22, and March 15.
- The IND reported that the Connect Lafayette Coalition is leading an effort to encourage the I-49 Connector and grow economic development in north Lafayette.
- The Vermillion Chamber of Commerce is hosting the final lunch in the FUEL Vermillion Leadership Series on Friday, February 3.
Greater New Orleans:
- The Jefferson Chamber of Commerce will host its Annual Meeting Luncheon on Tuesday, January 31 at the Crowne Plaza Airport in Kenner.
- LCIA is hosting a Contractor Networking Night on Thursday, February 2 at the NOLA Brewing Company’s Tap Room. Prime contractors, subcontractors, industry vendors, and others connected to the industry are invited to join for an evening of networking and beer tasting.
- According to BIZ. Magazine, The North Louisiana Economic Partnership (NLEP) will host a workshop in Shreveport on Feb. 2 to teach elected and community leaders how to successfully recruit companies and win jobs for their communities.
- On Tuesday, January 31, the LSBDC at McNeese State University is hosting a cash flow workshop in Lake Charles.
You can always find business and industry events happening across the state at LCIA’s "Around Louisiana” calendar. If you have recommendations of news and events to include in the weekly "Around Louisiana” blog post, please contact Nicholas Peddle at firstname.lastname@example.org.