"Around Louisiana” is a weekly blog post that provides business news from across Louisiana. Every Monday, we share news and events from different corners of the state.
- Biz. Magazine published a summary of the National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB) report that shows that optimism among small business owners increased greatly heading into 2017. The report refers to the NFIB’s Small Business Optimism Index and other metrics. Click here to read the NFIB’s report.
- The IND is following reform efforts by Lafayette’s government. The IND recently published an open letter written by four members of the City-Parish Council that resolves to reform the city-parish government.
- Retail spending in Lafayette has increased for three consecutive months according to a report in ABiz.
- The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Louisiana is hosting its 2017 Baton Rouge Business Luncheon on Tuesday, January 17 at 11:30 AM at the Hilton Baton Rouge Capitol Center. The luncheon will feature a keynote address by Lieutenant Governor Billy Nungesser.
- The Baton Rouge Business Report reported that the Louisiana Associated General Contractors and the Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors are joining forces to develop new office space in Baton Rouge that will house both organizations.
Greater New Orleans:
- LCIA announced that registration is now open for our January 27 breakfast workshop, "A Taxing Task: Finding the Business Structure that Fits.” Paul Jouet from Tax Help NOLA will discuss the tax obligations of different business structures. The event will take place at Liberty’s Kitchen at 300 North Broad Street in New Orleans from 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
You can always find business and industry events happening across the state at LCIA’s "Around Louisiana” calendar. If you have recommendations of news and events to include in the weekly "Around Louisiana” blog post, please contact Nicholas Peddle at firstname.lastname@example.org.