Around Louisiana: News and Events This Week
Hot topic this week: Communities Across Louisiana are Investing in Workforce Development Programs
"Around Louisiana” is LCIA’s weekly blog post that provides business news from across Louisiana. Every Monday, we share news and events from different corners of the state.
- This week is National Health Center Week. The Louisiana Primary Care Association (LPCA) is tracking events associated with National Health Care Center Week. Click here to visit their page.
- August 15: Crowley Chamber of Commerce is hosting business counseling for emerging entrepreneurs as well as experienced business owners. Services are offered at no charge. Click here to learn more.
- What we’re reading: "Cox employees to award $75,000 to Southeast region nonprofits” (The Daily Advertiser, 8/14/17). The company is accepting applications for community investments grants at www.CoxCharitiesSoutheast.com through Sept. 15.
Greater New Orleans
- August 18: Jefferson Chamber of Commerce is hosting "Business & Breakfast" on August 18 from 7:45 AM – 9:30 AM. Click here to register.
- What we’re reading: Due to a public-private $10 million investment, a new Workforce Training Center is coming to Tallulah, and Louisiana Delta Community College’s Advanced Technology Center in Monroe will be expanding. Read the story from The News Star here.
- What we’re reading: "Green: Bossier Innovates” Sean Green, from BIZ. Magazine reflects on Louisiana Tech’s recent announcement about partnering with the Cyber Innovation Center to open an Academic Success Center at Bossier Parish Community College’s new STEM building. Read the piece on BIZ. Magazine’s website here.
You can always find business and industry events happening throughout the state at LCIA’s "Around Louisiana” calendar. If you have recommendations of news and events to include in the weekly "Around Louisiana” blog post, please contact Christina Buras at firstname.lastname@example.org.