"Around Louisiana” is a weekly blog post that provides business news from across Louisiana. Every Monday, we share news and events from different corners of the state.
- According to an article in New Orleans CityBusiness, Louisiana has received federal approval for its plans to spend $1.2 billion in flood recovery aid allocated by Congress. According to the article, this is a key step in helping Louisiana homeowners recovering from 2016 floods. Read the article on CityBusiness’s website.
- The Baton Rouge Business Report published an article last week about the Louisiana Economic Development (LED) plan to launch new online tool to connect Louisiana businesses. The Louisiana Business Connection platform will allow Louisiana businesses to both solicit and offer their services to others businesses. Click here to read the Business Report article.
- According to The Independent, government officials are moving forward with the elevation option for the I-49 Connecter. This project will affect businesses in the Lafayette region and beyond. Read the Independent article here.
- The Acadian Home Builders Association continues its annual Parade of Homes this weekend. The event consists of self-guided tours of homes that exhibit the hottest trends in architecture, floor layout, building materials, and appliances. Learn more on the Acadian Home Builders website.
- At the Baton Rouge Area Chamber (BRAC)’s April 4 Monthly Lunch, attendees can join the discussion about Louisiana’s infrastructure, specifically plans to be discussed in the upcoming legislative session. Click to register for the lunch.
Greater New Orleans
- According to Biz. Magazine, Bossier Parish Community College (BPCC) is celebrating National Welding Month with a series of events. Click here to see the lineup.
You can always find business and industry events happening across the state at LCIA’s "Around Louisiana” calendar. If you have recommendations of news and events to include in the weekly "Around Louisiana” blog post, please contact Nicholas Peddle at email@example.com.